I have always been passionate about design. That’s why I majored in Interior Design at college. At college I discovered that I really love to use software in the design process. I used Photoshop, AutoCAD, and SketchUp for various course projects. I became so fascinated with using software in the design process that went on Youtube and online course websites and started watching learning materials to learn about advanced techniques in Photoshops or rendering 2D/3D AutoCAD plans. I received my Bachelor degree in interior design from San Francisco State University back in 2010.
Later, after graduation, I was introduced to the world of web design and web production through a former classmate that was already familiar with my work, skills, and passion. I quickly fell in love with it. I found that can use my creative side to plan web pages, match colors, and find the right size and placement for items.
Since 2011, I have been working as a web producer/designer for this design company called
Websight Design located in Sausalito - California.
What does a Web Producer do:
Web producer generates website content that paints an accurate picture of the company.
As a web producer, I'm responsible for what you see when you open a website, meaning that I ensure that the content of a website is optimized for the user experience. I am generally in charge of arranging, editing, and many times even creating content for websites. So basically I'm in charge of styling the content to create the voice and character of a site.
It is my job to channel that content into a coherent, unique style that is true to the site's brand. Not only I'm making the editorial decisions of what content is in your site's "voice," I'll also be evaluating the aesthetics of how to display that content, then using my tech skills to put it up.
- Strong technical HTML, CSS coding, editing and creation
- Ability to implement HTML/CSS that matches PSD-PDF designs
- Working knowledge of version control systems (like SVN tools, Springloops, and Beanstalk)
- Familiar with project management systems including Basecamp and Jira
- Experience with Content Management Systems (Yii framework)
- Creating splash and under construction pages out of a .psd or .pdf file
- Working knowledge of FTP
- Proficient in Photoshop & working knowledge of Illustrator
- Posting content to websites - coding and optimizing as necessary
- Updating website content/images
- Updating Meta and titles tags on websites
- SEO optimizing for web sites
- Ensure products are cross-browser and cross platform compatible
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues
- Adding Social Media icons to the site
- Creating Google Analytics (GA) accounts and applying the code into the site
- Creating an XML Sitemap and applying to the site and Webmaster Tools (WMT)
- Skinning/Editing WordPress sites or blogs.
- Creating real estate sites
- Creating the favicon.ico graphic and applying the code (SEO purpose)
- Styling/formatting site content and images
- Expert problem-solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Creating website graphics as needed
- Creating navigation bar, header and footer for websites
- Testing the website's loading time and comparing with other websites
- Tweaking CSS code for a mobile responsive sites